Saturday, October 19, 2013

Review: Bastion


Bastion
Bastion by Mercedes Lackey

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Quite enjoyable and fun, sadly I suspect this will be the last in this series. We find out who Mag's is and more. His relationship with Amily grows and blossoms. There are some old characters we get to learn more about. Overall, I wonderful book, though it did feel more like Redoubt: part 2.

There was one thing that I did have issue with; the love scene between Mag's and Amily. It felt awkward, not like the characters felt awkward, but like Lackey felt awkward writing the scene. I know Lackey can do better then this because I've read better scenes from her.

As I said, I think this will be the last in the Collegium series. I do hope it is not. I would love to read about an adventure that Mag and Amily have with Mag's being a full Herald. i am also quite curious about how successful Bey is in his quest.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment