Thursday, August 29, 2013

Review: City of Bones


City of Bones
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



I picked up the first three chapters through Sony Ebook Store as a freebie. I only read the first chapter, and nope have not interest in reading more. It started going down hill page two. “Clary liked the lilt to his shoulders” Lilt? Did I just read that correctly? *checks* Yep, I did. It seems his shoulders has obtained a voice that has a wonderful up and down cadence. Yes, for those that are missing a dictionary, lilt refers to a persons voice. Not shoulders, or any other body part.

Now, I don't think I'm all that picky about grammar, especially since my own is not that best. Between the shoulders with a voice and the rest of the first chapter my interest flagged. Admittedly it was hardly there to begin with, I was curious as to what the big deal was but that was it.

After some momentary thought. There seemed be a lack of personality to Clare and Simon. The other characters personality seemed cruel. Clare and Simon, they did things, said things but no real image of who they were came through to me. Is Clare perky or quiet, fast to anger or slow, desperate to befriend people or likes her small group? Who is she? Same with Simon, who is he? I know very little about these two at the end of the first chapter. i know Clare lacks a bit in self confidence and Simon is smarter than Clare. Beyond that though, nothing.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment